1. How does your project challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? My project challenges conventions within media by displaying themes of mental health and depression. Additionally, while indie artists' music videos are often low budget, its not often you see an entire music video shot in a single setting, with a single actor, and a single person creating the whole thing. Throughout my music, the main character is shown experiencing feelings of depression as she ages. This goes against the norm because mental health is often an overlooked and taboo subject, especially within music videos, where the goal is to most usually entertain in a positive way. Another way it represents social groups is by featuring a woman of color as it's main subject. It's no secret the music industry white-dominated, so having someone of color isn't as common and this music video serves as representation for that issue. 2. How does your project engage with a...
As you already know by now, it's Jessica Espinal, back for her third media studies project! Since my last introductions, not much has changed. I still have all the same interests and hobbies, but as the school year has gone on I've been feeling a lot better. This school year started out a little rough but has only gotten more enjoyable as the months go on. It's hard to believe we are already in February when it feels like Christmas has just happened. My grades have been excellent, with all A's and just one B (thanks to my dreaded Spanish 2 class). Besides that, I have been so motivated in school to stay on top and put my best work forward. That being said, I am very excited to get back into the groove of filmmaking with this new chapter of media studies. We are now working on a project that is 50% of our final exam. Hearing that in class sounded a bit daunting. But with everything I've learned so far, I'm sure I will achieve a high grade with hard work. For th...
Here is my creative critical reflection. After a few days of work, I think I can say I love this product even more than my video! Have a look, and hear what I have to say about my final task project.
Comments
Post a Comment