With my last few blogs, I had the task of reshooting all my unusable footage. This proved frustrating as I had already fully edited my short sequence. So, having to go back and reshoot, then take apart my project, THEN insert those clips back in, was difficult. As I watched the horror short sequence that I had made for my class project, I realized that it needed a lot of work. The pacing was off, and the scares weren't as effective as I had hoped. I knew that I would have to re-edit the entire sequence if I wanted to improve it. It was frustrating to have to start over, but I was determined to make it better. I began by rearranging the order of the shots to create a more cohesive story. Next, I focused on the sound design, adding in more atmospheric sound effects to heighten the tension. I also experimented with different music tracks to find the perfect score for the sequence. The music I used in the first half of the sequence sounded slightly corny. So I did more research ...
Today is the day that I have to make the final changes to my two-minute film project for my class. Essentially, this means applying all the feedback my friend Julie gave me in my previous blog! While a lot of their critiques were definitely valid, they were a bit to unrealistic for me to actually take. For example, this far into production I could never completely change my story and make it have more “meaning”. However, I can fix choppy editing, awkward cuts, and any other things they mentioned! After receiving feedback from my friend Jane, I spent a lot of time working on improving the story and characters. I wanted to make sure that my film had a clear message and that the audience would be able to connect with the characters on a deeper level. You may be asking how I did this this far into the porous room process. And the answer was, even more reshoots! Bold, I know, but I felt it had to be done. I added in some very simple shots, one that only showed the character looking off into...
Nanny (2022) from www.artofthetitle.com What titles are displayed during the opening sequences? The titles displayed in this opening sequence are the usual studio. Following, three different shots with fade in transitions, displaying the production companies names. Third, the directors names. After a short sequence featuring an actor, the title card is shown, then we cut back to the actor. What images are prioritized in the opening sequence? Images prioritized in the opening sequence are the names of the studio, production, companies, director, and most of the title itself. This can be inferred by the fact that the title card came last after a sequence of an actor. It was shown alone, while the other names were shown together, connected by fade-out transitions. What connotations do these images carry? The blue, cursive font relates to the ocean, which conveys feelings of peace and serenity. In the background we hear music that sounds oceany and aquatic, which doesn’t go in c...
Comments
Post a Comment